Here’s the weekly wrap-up of worthly tech news and a few extra tidbits. Enjoy!
- Tech’s all-time top 25 flops – These pivotal moments are the history you don’t want to repeat. To plan for the future you have to understand the past.
- AT&T iPhone Google Deal Pits Apple Against Blackberry – Google teaming up with AT&T and Apple against Blackberry… NO, I love my blackberry
- Facebook Taps Users To Create Translated Versions of Site. Spanish, French and German Available Now – Let the grunts do the work
- 10 Social Media Presentations – Great resource to come back to when putting together a presentation about social media!
- Going Green Could Save Government $1 Billion in Five Years – The annual savings by the feds using more energy efficient PCs would be equivalent to conserving 1.3 billion barrels of oil, for example. WOW!
- Microsoft Commits $234 Million To Put PCs In Schools – The company said it aims to reach 270 million people with the second stage of its Partners in Learning program.
- How to Track RSS Subscribers using Meta Refresh in Google Analytics – Setting up RSS tracking in Google Analytics. I know that Feedburner is awesome, but this looks promising.
- Benchmarking Your Blog Post Quality… So You Can Improve – Very admirable idea that’s worth some more thought.
- Blu-ray players grab 93 percent of market after Warner went Blu – Wow. Check the article this happened in one week time going from 60% to 93%… I think I posted something about this the other week… so can I say “I told you so” at this point or still too early!?
- The Ultimate Student Resource List – Excellent list of student resources. Ok the list might be a little overkill, but sometimes having too much to choose from is a good thing. I think this is one of those times.
- TED Talks: The story of a passionate life – Dr. Dunlap – Dr. Dunlap’s, president of Wofford College, speech from TED 2007. A wonderful presentation and I’m happy to say that’s our president. If you can set aside twenty minutes for a weave of storytelling an inspiration I highly recommend this one!
- Color Schemes, Color Palettes, Color Theory – Large list of links to online Color Resources for Designers
- 100 Best Companies to Work For 2008: Full list – Google tops the list of best employers for the second year in a row
- Great Student Videos – College Web Guy put this nice little collection of College Student videos. If you haven’t seen them I recommend checking them out.
- Google Health Coming Soon? – Google attempting to tackle the digitization of the US health care system a future possibility… wow.
- Open Source Poised for Surge in Education – Open source software will nearly double in the education space over the next four years.
- How the Wireless Spectrum Auction Could Change Your Life – The auction of the 700MHz spectrum could significantly change the mobile and wireless landscape in the United States. Another one of my predictions made some follow-up worth news this past week.
That’s it for now. Hopefully I’ll have my Facebook report by the end of the day so stay tuned.