- The 19-Hour Website Analysis, in 20 Minutes or Less - Here is what you need to know in order to do a quickie usability review. A well thought out 19 step look at your site.
- Faster - Why Constant Stress is Part of Our Future - I think I tend to be pretty stress free, but a pretty interesting read for those that seem to be going too fast.
- Create Your Own YouTube, Pray You Can Make Money - StartYourTube does exactly what the name implies. You can go onto the site, create your own “tube”, customize it with colors and graphics, mask it to your own domain, invite friends, and start loading content.
- Quick! Unplug Your Internet Connection! - According to the security vendor Sophos, one Web page is infected with malicious software every five seconds. Yeah, but it’s probably mom-and-pop and porn Web sites with all of the infections you say. Think again.
- Microsoft to offer Web-streamed Office - In an effort to stem the tide of customers switching to free online productivity suites like Google Apps, Microsoft will allow Officeto be streamed from the Web
- There is No Web 3.0, There is No Web 2.0 - There is Just the Web - Something struck me while listening to Tim O’Reilly’s keynote speech at the Web 2.0 expo yesterday: glancing at my notes after he walked off stage, I noticed that his current definition for Web 2.0, is a lot like the definition he’s given for Web 3.0…
- Flickr, your electronic photo database? - Great post over on SquaredPeg all about Flickr
How to get your Blog Traffic to Convert in 5 Easy Steps
- What Happens When a Course Is Taught Entirely via YouTube? - A very interesting article and study about learning strictly through YouTube.
- When Will Facebook Be Ready for Business? - It’s good to keep monitoring this, but I don’t think we are getting any closer to this becoming a reality. That’s where LinkedIn holds that niche.
- 55 Quick SEO Tips Even Your Mother Would Love - This is like a mini SEO book. Quick scan to make sure that your doing everything that you should
- 7 Incredibly Useful Tools for Evaluating a Web Design - If you ’re interested in analyzing and optimizing your page layout - here’s some extremely useful tools that you can use to help.
- Make Web Analytics Actionable: Focus On “What’s Changed” - You can always count on Avinash to provide a great read. This post is about noticing recent changes in your analytics and how to act on that data.
- 5 Shocking Statistics - How Junk Mail Marketing Damages the Environment - From HubSpot, Over 100 BILLION pieces of junk mail are sent in the US each year. Learn more about the environmental devastation this causes.
- Best practices when moving your site - Official Google Webmaster Central Blog, If you’re changing your domain because of site rebranding or redesign, you might want to think about doing this in two phases: first, move your site; and second, launch your redesign.
- Campus maps and Google - Several higher education websites have revamped their campus maps. The map-making-mashup technology of choice seems to be the Google Maps API.
- Open Reasoning: Some data points on social media - Useful data points on Social Media Use: Graphs about Networks people Use
- Don’t Tell Me about Design Limitations of the Web - Collegewebguy (Drew) shares some excellent examples of ESPN taking design on the web to the next level.
Have a great weekend!